Saturday, January 17, 2009



Tasmania

We had an amazing time in Tasmania. My favorite animal is the Wallaby. I saw one when we were hiking in the woods at Cradle Mountain. I also liked the lizards that sunned themselves on the board walk. One night I took a while to get to sleep so I came out and visited with Daddy. He took me out on the cottage porch and he had a laughing contest with the Kookaburra's. It made me laugh. I think the Kookaburra won.


We visited a prison museum. As you can see from my picture the food they served there did not look very yummy.








On our last day in Tasmania we did a big hike up a mountain and down the other side to a beautiful beach called Wineglass Bay. I ate my lunch there and played in the
sand. The waves were very loud when they crashed on the beach.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kira!
Sounds like you are loving the beach!! Enjoy some sand and sun for Uncle Chris and I!
Love you!
Auntie Chelle

Julie Candler said...

Hi Kira,
Everyone at school was glad to get your postcard. It sure sounds like you are having fun! I know that you are enjoying summer in Australia, but it has been so cold here, the kids couldn't go out for recess last week! Today was mild so they went tobogganing during gym. Everyone in J/SKA misses you,
Take care from Mrs. Candler

Has Keegan learned to say koala or wallabee in French yet?

Anonymous said...

hi Kira this is Maria sounds like your having FUN !!!!